- 5lb. hi-gluten flour
- 3lb. boiled and dried red bliss potatoes
- 1 qt cold water
- 1 oz caraway seeds
- 1oz kosher salt
Combine in bowl and allow to sit:
- 1 cup cold water
- 2.5 oz flour
- ½ oz dried yeast
1) mix water, flour and whisk then add the yeast allow to sit until you see the yeast is blooming.
2) Mix high-gluten flour caraway seeds kosher salt together and set aside.
3) Put your cooked and dried potatoes in your mixer and with the dough hook break them up, slowly add your high-gluten flour mix.
4) Once you have added all the flour mix, add the yeast mixture, then slowly add your cold water. Enough water has been added when the dough comes away from the sides.
5) Continue to work the dough for another5 minutes in the mixer, then roll out on to a table and work for another 5 minutes. The dough should bounce back.
6) Place the dough in a bowl and coat lightly with olive oil, cover with a linen towel and place in a warm place. Let it double in size, then punch down and roll onto a table, cut into 1.5lb. pieces and put into your greased loaf pans, put in a warm place and let rise again (double in size).
7) Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven. When they are done you can use a wooden skewer poke the middle and it will come out clean